Like the same says the air is compressed and stored inside a tank which can be used later. All the portable air compressors are used solely for this reason.
They can be used for a variety of things like these below:
- Inflating balloons is an obvious one as the compressed gases get blown into the balloon to save you blowing it up manually.
- Pumping ait into tired is a common use. Car owners should have the compact versions compressors in their care in case they suffer a flat tire
- A particular type of air compressors can be used to deliver oxygen to the human body
- Air compressors can be a part of the scuba divers kit so it can deliver oxygen once they are below sea level
- Air conditioners also use air compressors as the main energy source to help cool the surrounding areas
- Important uses like those in engines where they are used to cool and heat systems.
- They are used in large power plants that deliver energy to the different machinery
- Air compressors are used to power different trade equipment like nail guns when constructing homes or carrying out renovations.
Different types of compressors that can be used during home construction:
- Reciprocating compressors or piston: These are often available within the market. They have very high horsepower and are a positive displacement compressor. It works by pumping air into the chamber and reducing the volume of the chamber. It works the same as an internal combustion engine but more in a reverse mode. They have valves, pistons, housing blocks, cylinders and crankshafts.
- Rotary screw compressor: These are commonly available within the market and they work on the basis of filling air into a void that is present in between two mated screws. As these screws are turned the volume will then be reduced which will result in the air pressure increase. Most compressors will inject oil into the compression and bearing area. This is for cooling, lubrication and even creating a seal to reduce leaks.
- Rotary sliding vane compressor: this is like the rotary and piston compressors and they belong to the positive displacement section. The ump is made up of a rotor, stator and 8 blades. The rotor has an eccentric arrangement within the stator and forms the crescent-shaped between the two ports. As the rotor does its thing the compression will take place and the volume will go directly at the intake port to a maximum then go down to a minimum at the exhaust port. Oil gets injected into the intake in order to cool the machine aid lubrication and seal and vanes.
- Centrifugal compressors: this type is not a positive displacement compressor such as the others are. They end up making use of the high-speed spinning impellers that accelerate the air which then the diffuser will decelerate the air.
These devices are very underrated as they can be very beneficial to the things that we do. They have a wide variety of use and you will find several on worksites on newly constructed homes or those that are going through a renovation. Why struggle and use your precious time and effort when you now have machines to do the hard work for you. Ensure that these air compressors are of the highest or efficient quality for proper functioning and have minimal power wastage. Getting them regularly checked or filtered can help in better functioning of these compressors and in turn help in maintaining clean circulation within the house. All these factors collectively help one understand the relevance and importance of having efficiently working air compressors in newly constructed homes.